This is your opportunity to do something about home security finally. You can’t keep putting it off because you never know when an emergency will arise. And it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
The good news is that various types of home security systems can help keep your home and family safe. Here is the list of the top four to help you decide which one is right for you.
1- Wired Systems
Wired systems are the most traditional security measure. They’re also the most reliable because they’re hardwired into your home’s electrical system.
- Reliability: Wired systems are less likely to experience false alarms because they’re not susceptible to interference from wireless devices or power outages.
- Easy to Install: You can usually install a wired system yourself, as long as you have some basic knowledge of electrical wiring.
- Cost: Wired systems can be more expensive to install.
- Difficult to Move: If you move to a new house, you’ll likely have to leave your wired system behind and start fresh with a new one.
2- Wireless Systems
Wireless systems are the newest type of home security system on the market.
- Convenience: Wireless systems are much easier to install than wired systems.
- Flexibility: You can add additional sensors and devices to a wireless system.
- Limited Range: Wireless signals are limited, so your system may not work if you’re too far from the control panel.
- Cellular Backup: If you want your system to work without a landline, you’ll need to pay for cellular backup.
3- Security Alarms
Security alarms are the most basic yet effective type of home security system. They usually include door and window sensors and a control panel to arm and disarm the system.
When the alarm is triggered, the device emits a loud noise, which can scare off intruders and alert your neighbors. You can also use it to protect your home from other dangers like fires and carbon monoxide leaks.
- Value for Money: Alarm systems are affordable and can work as a standalone security measure or in conjunction with other devices.
- Quick Installation: Alarm systems are relatively easy to install, especially if you hire professional help.
- Can Be Monitored: Alarm systems can be monitored by a security company, which will dispatch the police if the alarm is triggered.
A well-installed, functional security alarm will work as intended and scare potential burglars away. However, you might need to change the batteries occasionally, which is not a big deal.
4- Security Camera Installation
Security cameras offer advanced protection for your home. They can monitor activities around your property or act as a visual deterrent to burglars.
These cameras also feature various image and video-capturing capabilities that can be used to document any suspicious activity.
- High-Quality Images and Videos – Most security cameras come equipped with high-resolution lenses and sensors that can capture clear and detailed images and videos.
- Low-Light Recording – The latest security cameras also have night vision capabilities, allowing you to record clear footage even in low-light conditions.
- 360-Degree Viewing – Some security cameras offer a 360-degree field of view, allowing you to see every corner of your property.
- Can Be Monitored – You can connect most security cameras to your smartphone or tablet and monitor your property even when you’re away from home. Or you can even hire protection specialists to keep an eye on your home for you.
Archangel Alarm Services, LLC is your one-stop-shop for all your home security needs in Tomball. We offer top-quality security alarms and cameras to keep your home safe and secure. What’s best, we provide customized installation services for each client to ensure that your home security system is installed correctly.
If something goes wrong with your home security system, our 24/7 security monitoring center will be there to help.